Study on Assurance of Teaching Quality of China Open Universities, a National Education Sciences Planning Project of "the 10th Five-Year Plan" (No. FKB011381), was undertaken by OUC and the research findings were reviewed and accepted in June 2006. The sub-study entitled "Study on the Teaching Quality Assurance System of Open Universities" was launched in the second half of 2003 and was completed and accepted in January 2006.
The research findings include:
- Overall Principles in Establishing the Teaching Quality Assurance System of Open Universities in China
- Five-factor-based Criteria for Teaching Quality of Open Universities at Four Different Levels
- OUC Manual for Teaching Quality Assurance
- Standards for Teaching Quality Assurance of Open Universities at the Provincial, Municipal and Country Levels
- Some books on the teaching quality assurance system of OUs in China
Current studies include the following:
- "Study on the Criteria for Teaching Quality of Modern ODE", a project approved by the CAHE in 2007. The study seeks to identify the framework for quality criteria by examining the existing administrative files. It also attempts to revise the criteria proposed in the original project.
- "Design and Application of the Support Services Standards of the Study Center", a project approved by OUC in 2008. The study seeks to divide the services and administrative work of the Study Center into different modules, finalize the work procedure, and design and put into use the support service standards.