Xu Shiguo, Ph.D., is a professor and doctoral supervisor at Dalian University of Technology in the School of Civic and Hydraulic Engineering. He is the chief editor for the Environmental Water Science course textbook. His scientific research includes:
- Co-author of "Methodological Effects of Fuzzy Mathematics in the Field of Engineering and Technology", Journal of Dalian University of Technology, 1991, No. 6.
- Co-author of "Comparison and Cooperation Between China and Japan in Environmental Protection", Journal of Dalian University of Technology (Social Science Issue), Vol.20, No.4, pp.8-12, 1999.
- Co-author of "Environmental Impact Analysis of Nen River's Severe Flood in 1998", Journal of Dalian University of Technology, Vol.43, No.1, 2003.
- Participant in the research project "Fuzzy Hydrology and Fuzzy Optimization of Water Resources System" in 1991, winning second place in the National Prize for Progress in Science and Technology.
- Participant in the research project "Non-engineering Measures to Improve Efficiency at Dahuofang Reservoir" in 1991, winning second place in the Chinese Academy of Sciences Prize for Progress in Science and Technology.
- Participant in the key project funded by the Natural Science Foundation of China: "Study on the Flood Utilization of Songhuajiang and Nenjiang River Plain and Wet Land Ecological Protection".
While working in Japan, Dr. Xu participated in dozens of watershed environment management and planning projects and was involved in river environment improvement work.