The programme aims to foster technical and skilled personnel who have basic professional theoretical knowledge and strong practical operation abilities and who can engage in production, business operation, and management at grass-roots level technical posts.
I. Training Objectives and Standards
Two-year junior college programme for part-time students to complete within three years. Minimum length of study should be no less than two and half years.
The programme aims to foster technical, skilled professionals who have basic professional theoretical knowledge and strong practical operation abilities and who can engage in production, business operation, and management in grass-roots level technical posts. Upon completing their studies, graduates should have the following abilities:
(1) Ability to correctly read and proficiently draw construction drawings;
(2) Ability to correctly use, test, and store architectural engineering materials;
(3) Ability to calculate, design, and check general structural members;
(4) Ability to apply computers in professional work;
(5) Strong ability to organise and manage construction sites;
(6) Strong ability to deal with technical problems in construction;
(7) Basic ability to participate in the auditing of construction drawings and bidding;
(8) Basic ability to use specifications and technical standards to inspect the quality of projects;
(9) Preliminary operation skills for one to two work categories;
(10) Basic project management ability;
(11) Basic ability to read and translate professional foreign language materials with reference books, as well as oral conversation ability.
Architectural Materials, Architectural Drawing Basics, Architectural Structures, Architectural Mechanics, Architectural Surveys, Architectural Construction Technology, Architectural Structure, Architectural Engineering Measurement and Valuation, Architectural Engineering Project Management, Architectural Engineering Quality Inspection.
The minimum number of credits required to graduate from this major is 76. Graduates who obtain the required number of credits and meet the moral education requirements will be awarded with a nationally-recognised junior college graduation certificate of higher education.