1.Training objectives and standards
(1)Training objectives: The course aims to foster the all-round ethical, physical and intellectual development of students in line with the needs of the road and bridge engineering industry. Graduates should be advanced specialized technical professionals, equipped with the basic theoretical knowledge and expertise required for practical work. They should be specialized technical professionals who are able to work in construction and management on road and bridge engineering construction sites.
Graduates should be disciplined learners with strong ideals and morals. They should be law-abiding and love their work, seek truth and look for innovation. Graduates will mainly work for construction companies or construction management departments, and engage in professions such as construction technology and management, quality management, construction supervision, safety management, project costing, contract information management, and operation management.
(2)Training standards: Graduates should have solid professional and theoretical knowledge of construction technology and management, quality management, construction supervision, safety management, project costing, contract information management, and operation management. Through study, graduates should possess the following knowledge and ability:
1) Graduates should have a basic knowledge of humanities and social science;
2) Graduates should have a basic theoretical knowledge of math and computer
3) Graduates should have a basic knowledge of ground geology and building materials;
4) Graduates should grasp the basic theory and professional knowledge of roads, bridges and structures;
5) Graduates should have the ability to complete professional work using, or with the help of, a computer;
6) Graduates should have the ability to understand and draw structural drawings;
7) Graduates should have the ability to do test highway engineering by correct use of road and bridge engineering materials and with the help of related apparatus;
8) Graduates should have the ability to check the components of general road and bridge engineering structures;
9) Graduates should have the ability to complete road and bridge surveys, construction layouts and final construction surveys;
10) Graduates should be able to engage in construction quality control and management, schedule management and safety management of road and bridge engineering;
11) Graduates should have strong construction site organization and management abilities;
12) Graduates should have the ability to compile bidding documents and project costing;
13) Graduates should be able to supervise construction sites;
14) Graduates should have strong oral and written communication abilities.
The Basics of Advanced Mathematics, Deng Xiaoping Theory and the Importance of "Three Represents", English I（1）, Introduction to Architectural Drawing, Building Surveying, Architectural Mechanics, Introduction to Architectural Drawing, Foundations, Structural Design Principles, Road Engineering Technology, Bridge Engineering Technology, and Construction Project Management.
The minimum number of credits required for graduation is 76. Graduates obtaining the required number of credits are awarded a nationally-recognized diploma of higher education.