1．Training objectives and standards
The programme aims to foster the all-round ethical, physical and intellectual development of students in line with the needs of the development of the information industry. Graduates should be equipped with the latest computer science theories, programming methodology and database application technology. Their skills should cover software programming, and information systems development and maintenance.
(1) Quality and ability requirements
1) Graduates should have a thirst for knowledge and the ability to acquire knowledge;
2) Graduates should be able to find, analyze and solve problems in their work;
3) Graduates should have an awareness of relevant regulations, a strong team spirit, and good communication and coordination skills.
4) Graduates should have the ability to read the programme’s English materials;
5) Graduates should have programming abilities;
6) Graduates should be able to apply database systems, manage and maintain databases;
7) Graduates should have strong software coding and system development abilities in accordance with the principles of engineering;
8) Graduates should be able to write software development documents and conduct information system testing.
(2) Knowledge requirements:
1) Graduates should master the basic theories of computer networks and operating systems;
2) Graduates should have the necessary English skills to read and understand the programme’s English materials;
3) Graduates should have the necessary programming, and program testing and debugging knowledge;
4) Graduates should have the necessary knowledge of database management and maintenance, and database application program development;
5) Graduates should have the necessary knowledge of software development and writing software documents in accordance with the principles of software engineering;
6) Graduates should have the necessary software testing knowledge.
Introduction to Computer Applications, Introduction to Programming, Visual Basic Programming, SQL Server Database Applications, Introduction to Practical Network Technologies, The Norms of System Development and Documentation Preparation, Information System Testing, Delphi Programming, English for Computer Science.
The minimum number of credits required for graduation is 76. Graduates obtaining the required number of credits are awarded a nationally-recognized diploma of higher education.