1.Training objectives and standards
Training objectives: This programme is designed to equip students with a high level of all-round ethical, physical and intellectual development. Graduates should be specialized technical and management professionals with professional construction expertise and the practical professional skills required to be a project-cost manager. They should be able to value and prepare construction tender bids, tender offerings and audits.
The graduates will mainly work in construction costing and construction management within the administrative departments of construction costing consulting firms, construction companies and real estate companies.
Graduates should be able to analyze the feasibility of a construction project, and estimate, determine, manage and control project costing. They should be able to work out and check the base number of a tender and tender offer for project bidding. They should be able to analyze investment for real estate development projects. Furthermore, they should have a basic knowledge of human and social sciences, and a strong capacity for social work.
Graduates should gain the following knowledge and abilities through their studies:
(1) Graduates should have a basic knowledge of humanities and social science;
(2) Graduates should have a basic theoretical knowledge of math and computer applications;
(3) Graduates should be able to understand and examine professional production drawings;
(4) Graduates should have a professional knowledge of building materials, building construction and construction equipment;
(5) Graduates should have the ability to complete the feasibility analysis and investment estimation for a building project;
(6) Graduates should have the ability to prepare bid invitation documents and to take part in bidding activities;
(7) Graduates should be able to organize and manage a the construction site;
(8) Graduates should have engineering contract management and engineering claim skills;
(9) Graduates should have the ability to compile and examine project costing documents;
(10) Graduates should have the ability to determine, manage and control project costing by using a computer;
(11) Graduates should have strong oral and written communication skills.
Introduction to Architectural Drawing, Construction Materials（A）, Building Conformation, Construction Technology, Construction Project Management, Engineering Economics, Introduction to Project Costing, Construction Valuation, Installation Valuation, Bidding for Construction Projects, Contract Management.
The minimum number of credits required for graduation is 76. Graduates obtaining the required number of credits are awarded a nationally-recognized diploma of higher education.