Doctor Liu Yunyan is now dean, a professor, and a doctoral student supervisor of the Department of Pre-School Education of the Education School of Southwest University. She serves as president of the Chongqing Pre-School Education Research Society, vice president of China National Society of Early Childhood Education, a member of the 12th Central Committee of September 3rd Society, chairman of Southwest University Committee of September 3 Society, a standing member of the 3rd September 3 Society Committee of Chongqing Municipality, and a deputy to the Standing Committee of the 3rd People’s Congress of Chongqing Municipality.
She has worked as a major researcher in 3 national projects and leader of 4 ministry topics. She has published approximately 30 academic essays in core journals, such as Psychological Science, Psychological Development and Education, Journal of the Chinese Society of Education, and Studies in Early Childhood Education, including the representative academic papers of An Exploratory Factor Analysis of the Structure of Infant Curiosity, Experimental Research on the Relationship between Young Children’s Exploratory Behaviors & Teachers’ Attitudes, and Basic Structure of Pre-School Teachers’ Psychological Characteristics. Her research is oriented towards teacher and child development, and kindergarten organization and management.
The following are her scientific research achievements:
1. Liu Yunyan, Children’s Psychological Quality Training, Southwest China Normal University Press, 2000;
2. Liu Yunyan, Education of the Heart ---- Books for Family Psychological Quality Education, Gui Zhou People’s Publishing, 2002;
3. Liu Yunyan, Teaching Arts of Kindergartens, Southwest China Normal University Press, 2001;
4. Liu Yunyan, Systematic Theory of Aesthetic Education in Kindergarten, Southwest China Normal University Press, 2000;
5. Liu Yunyan, Associate Editor, Study on National Culture and Socialization of Children, Jilin University Press, June 2006;
II. Major Scientific Research Achievements (published by core journals)
1. Tapping the Beauty during the Management Process of Kindergarten ---- Optimization of Management Process, Early Childhood Education, Vol. 7, 2000;
2. Reflection and Formation of Early Childhood Teacher Subjectivity, Studies in Preschool Education, Vol. 7, 2001;
3. Experimental Study on Promoting All-Round Development of Children’s Quality by Integrated Curriculum of Aesthetic Education, Paper Collection of the Fifth International Conference of World Federation of Early Children’s Education, Vol. 1, 2001;
5. Quality Education of Brain Science, Psychological Science and Pre-School Children’s Psychology, Journal of the Chinese Society of Education, Vol. 7, 2003;
6. An Exploratory Factor Analysis of the Structure of Infant Curiosity, Psychological Science, Vol. 1, 2004;
7. An Experimental Research on the Relationship Between Young Children’s Exploratory Behaviors & Teachers’ Attitudes, Psychological Development and Education, July 2005, No. 21, Vol. 3;
8 An Exploratory Factor Analysis of the Structure of Infant Curiosity. Source: INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF PSYCHOLOGY(SSCI) 39(5-6):74-74 SUPPL.S OCT-DEC 2004.
9. The Essence of Children's Psychological Quality Education, Early Education, Vol.4, 2005;
10. Preventive Strategies of Children’s Learned Helplessness, Early Education, Vol. 5, 2005;
11. Negative Impact of Teachers’ Adverse Psychological Qualities on Infants, Early Childhood Education, Vol. 10, 2005;
12. Investigation on the Influence of Parents’ Educational Ideas and Behaviours on the Development of Infants’ Curiosity, Paper Collection of the Conference on International Chinese Preschool Education, Sept. 2005;
13. On Children’s Curiosity and Teacher’s Support, Studies in Preschool Education, Vol. 2, 2006;
14. The Factors Influencing Children's Psychological Theory and their Implications on Children’s Education, Contemporary Preschool Education, Vol. 1 (2), 2006;
15. On the Basic Construction of Preschool Teachers Psychological Characteristics, Studies in Preschool Education, Vol. 4, 2006;
16. Comparative Research on Nationality Cultural Identity of the Six Southwestern Ethnics Minority Children, Studies in Preschool Education, Vol. 11, 2006;
17. Ways to Articulate Teacher’s Tactic Knowledge, Studies in Preschool Education, Vol. 1, 2007;
18. The Investigation of Potential Problems In Supporting Construction of a District’s Kindergartens in a City of Southwest China, Studies in Preschool Education, Vol. 4, 2007;
19. Thought from the Drum Dance of the Miao Ethnic Group, Preschool Education, May 2007.
Liu Yunyan, 2002--2004, Research on Course Model of Children’s Psychological Quality Education, general project of Chongqing social sciences, with 5,000 RMB.
Liu Yunyan, Training Cross-Century Preschool Educational Professionals, a university project, with 6,000 RMB.
Liu Yunyan, Research on Teachers Pressure and Stress Management Training, a doctorate fund project, with 20,000 RBM.
Yu Ji Jiao  No. 4, Liu Yunyan, Research on the Formation of the Overall Plan and Training Model for Continuing Education of Kindergarten Teachers in Chongqing, Continuing Education Centre for Primary and Middle School Teachers in Chongqing, with 30,000 RMB.
2006-JJ-006, Liu Yunyan, Research on the Model of On-the-Job Training for Kindergarten Principals in Chongqing, a key project of Chongqing Educational Science.